Monday, November 17, 2014

Twice the fun!

I didn't post yesterday so today I'm going to double up!

Day 16

I'm thankful for the seasons of life.


We go through all kinds of seasons throught our lives. Each one comes with its challenges and joys. There is the season of childhood where exploration seems to have no limit until you are told you can't do something because you are too young or too little. It's a time of reliance on adults because you can't do everything.
There is the time of "teenagerness" where (if you are anything like me) your goal is just to get through school and hopefully make it to the other side. Not to say that you don't do other things it's just that this takes up such a large part of your life at this point that sometimes it feels like all you do is school.
Then comes the season of singleness, which is the current season that I'm in. It's a season that has its own challenges but it also is a season of exploration. It's a season that is wide open with possibilities. It's a season where you can explore your intrests more freely than before. You can go down paths that God brings into your life more easily because you don't necessarily have school breathing down your neck (although if this is the path that you are called to then that can be a blessing too).
I think I'm thankful most for the season of singleness because it has helped to open my eyes even more to the world around me. The other seasons were good and helped to prepare me for this season but this season has been a good one to go through.
What is/was your favorite season to go through?

Day 17

I'm thankful for variety.


The world would be a boring place without variety. We have a variety of seasons, of foods, of people, of animals, of places, etc. etc. The world is a very interesting and very unboring place to live in. It is a very good thing that we have variety in this world.
It's fun meeting different people and hanging out with very different personalities and getting to know those individuals.
We all come from different backgrounds and so it is cool seeing how people from very different backgrounds come together, get married and work out all of the kinks as they go along. They work out how they are going to raise their kids. They determine how they are going to spend their time and money. They figure out what kinds of things are really important and what's not.
If we didn't have variety we wouldn't have to do all of these things and end up with families that looked the same and did all of the same things. Life would get pretty boring and predictable if this was the case and life wouldn't be as big of an adventure.
I'm thankful for variety. I'm most thankful for the variety of people and families that I have been privaledeged to meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.