Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Got a Roof?

Day 11

I'm thankful for having a roof over my head.

The first day we saw the house!  
It's a blessing to have a house to live in. God has blessed me and my family so much through providing us the house that we live in now. It didn't come without us having to go through some difficulty and inconvenience but, finally, it came.
I know what it's like to live in a house that isn't yours with the owners still living in it. It isn't easy and some days it's downright challenging. There are good sides to going something like through this too.
It helps to put things in the right perspective.
 I'm very thankful to those who did open up their homes and provided a place for us to stay. It helped me to see the hands and feet of Christ at work and know that me and my family were not abandoned.
I'm also thankful for the lessons I learned while going through the "homeless but not houseless" time period. It taught me so much to go through that. It helps me to be all the more thankful for having a house now that I can call home. (At least for this period of my life.) It helps me to see God as an abundantly loving Father who sees the bigger picture. I saw God as my Great Provider. This was really hammered in at this point in my life. It taught me how to embrace situations and keep moving forward even if it wasn't easy to do so.
I could on and on about what I learned during this time period in my life but I'm going to stop there. Suffice it to say that I am very thankful for this time that me and my family went through but I am also very grateful to have it over and to be living in a house of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.