Friday, November 14, 2014

The Beauty of Promise

Day 14

I'm thankful for rainbows.


Rainbows are pretty. They are simple to draw. They are colorful. They come during and after rain storms.
I love rainbows for all of the above reasons as well as the fact that God made them to remind us that He is never going to flood the entire earth again. It reminds me of the constancy of God.
 I think that it is interesting that rainbows are shaped in an arch and that bows used in archery have an arch shape to them. A bow is bent towards whatever it's target is. Rainbows are bent towards heaven. In a way God may be saying that if I ever break this promise may I be destroyed as well. If this is the case God takes his promises very seriously. I can honestly say that I do not know anyone who takes promises as seriously as God does.

Hehe Legos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.