Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Slam

Hello world. Things have been pretty crazy everywhere, I'm sure. Let me share a little bit of some of that entropy going on in Dicksonland.

First we had a debate tournament where two of my brothers competed. It was a long day but worth it.
The M.D. of Debate with his very pretty partner
(Left to right) Big D and his partner standing next to the first place novice team for this particular tournament. (Big D and his partner placed second, whoo hoo!) 
Then we have been trying to get our Christmas presents finished and mailed to all of the family that will not be local this Christmas. Of course I wait until the last minute to come up with gifts but hey at least I got all of the gifts done for the immediate family plus most of the local group. I did things backwards this year, because that just makes so much sense.


Oh well. I still ended up with some pretty cute gifts.
My favorites are below.
Bags full of different kinds of "snowman poop" 
We found the idea on Pinterest. The original idea had a box of tic tacs in a little card saying "Heard you've been naughty so here's the scoop, All you get for Christmas is snowman poop". We decided to find 12 different white edible things (one for each kid at our house) and package it like above. This is going to a particularly ornery Grandpa who will appreciate it.

Dressed up chocolate

I took two chocolate bars and wrapped them in plain white paper. I put a fuzzy sock on top of  the wrapped chocolate and decorated it with a piece of ribbon and drew a face on it. This is going to our grandma (who's husband is getting the snowman poop). She also is getting other snowman inspired gifts from the other grandkids in our family. (Hopefully she doesn't read this blog, otherwise I'm in trouble.)
I found another project that the youngest two could do with a little help which I thought was cute.

 

They are handprint snowmen ornaments. So cute!
Wednesday was the last day of my Literary Analysis class that I taught this year. I'm so glad I taught it and would definitely look into teaching it again if I was in a position to do so and God provided the families who would want that. I just won't be for the rest of this school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.