Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm Back!

Hello, it's been a while.

It's been since last year which reminds me....



It's so exciting to be in this new year! I'm going to be going to CEM this year which I am totally stoked about. (I'm going to meet new people!) 

Here is a little spur of the moment Poem that I wrote:

I still have a race to run,
Still have the light of today's sun,
Still have Christ to look to.
He perfects my faith through,
The toils and struggles of this life.
Pain may come with its deadly knife,
Christ will strengthen and heal my wounds,
Help me to rise again and continue on.
The sin of this life clings so close,
The flithy stench of it is so gross.
It's wieght is cleansed from me,
From it I am truely free!
I run and run and run,
For my race is not yet done.
I look to the Cross for there lies my hope.
I look at the joy with which my savior could cope,
With his beautiful, horrible, life-giving, death
And for others he used his final breath.
He is now seated at God's right hand,
Where before Him every nation will stand.
Until that glorious day that I long to see,
I will run the race set out for me. 

(Poem inspired by Hebrews 12:1,2)

It of all of the verses that I know comes back to me again and again. I say it's my life verse probably because of that.
I am running a race and Jesus is my prize, my treasure, my valued possession. I wish I could say that I always have this mentality but, in all honesty, I don't. It is cool when I do have this mentality because it refocuses me on what my real goal in life is.
It isn't to have the perfect life (which too often becomes the goal). It's to know Christ and to love and pursue Him.

Hopefully I can pass this vision of knowing Jesus like that on to others this next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.