Monday, January 26, 2015

First Week On!

I officially started my regular schedule this week.

I feel at home here. It's probably one of the best places I can be at this point in my life.
It's a chance for me to grow in my own faith outside of my own family and figure out how to reach out to people who are hurt and broken in a different enviornment than what I'm used to.

This week I've been going through Matthew 6:25-34 with one of the students. It has been such a good passage for me to go through. Its reminded me that I serve a God who cares about the details and who doesn't want me to be anxious about the little things.
It's too easy to be anxious and want to be "in control" of the situation. Which, if I really think about it, is where I am when I am anxious. If I truly was trusting in God I wouldn't be anxious.
It's a good reminder.

The students all are struggling with different things. Sometimes I wonder if I'm responding correctly to a situation. Reading through the Matthew passage has really helped to remind me to lean on God more and take my need for wisdom to Him on a daily basis. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update; it is wonderful to know that you are there with those youth. Blessings to you today. --Sarah Tu

    ReplyDelete

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.