Friday, February 6, 2015

Down the Rabbit Hole We Go


     This last weekend (sorry this is a little late guys) I was able to witness a big change at Christian Encounter Ministries as the old Executive Director retires from this ministry to move on with what the Lord has for him in this next phase of his life. It was cool to see a smattering of the many lives that were affected by this very special, very God-honoring man. In one sense I'm glad that I got to be a part (small though it was) of the celebration of Mike Petrillo. In another sense I'm sorry that I didn't know him better than I did before the ceremony.
     God has so much that He can accomplish through one life but its not always through very extraordinary circumstances. Its just using ordinary people through ordinary everyday circumstances that God chooses to use people to advance His kingdom. That was my big takeaway from the event.
     So what's next? I don't know. God does. For some reason the Ranch needs this time of searching for a new Executive Director to take the place of Mike P. Its kind of fun and exciting to be coming into a ministry where such a big change is happening. Its also kind of scary because now the whole ministry is free falling (or so it seems) and nobody is sure what God is going to do next.
    We do have a great interim director in Mark Andrews but he hopes that it will only be at the most 1 year's worth of him holding the position.
     It is all a grand adventure! Its exciting to wait and see what God will do at this time.
     I feel like Alice, in a way. I followed God's prompting and now I'm going on an adventure in a land where I can stand in awe and wonder at what God is doing and will do. I went down a rabbit hole and I'm off to live an adventure that I will not soon forget. I'm sure I shall see strange things and wonderful things. (In some ways I already have). Through it all though I hope that this will grow me closer to God than ever and that I will keep that closeness no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.