Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Crazy Stuff Happening all at Once!


So a lot of things happened over the last week and a half. Here are the top 4. (There is always more to write about so I had to top it off before it got too crazy long).

First, I turned 22.

 
Yep. Although I wouldn't say that I have the same attitude on life as Taylor Swift. I was thinking about it and wondering why that was. I think it's because I'm not seeking to be fulfilled in what I do or what I feel. I'm seeking to be fulfilled in Christ. If I wasn't seeking that then my life would be all sugar and no substance and eventually I'd get sick of it.

Second, I had a Skype interview with some of the head guys at Christian Encounter Ministries!


     This is perhaps one of the coolest programs available out there for older teens and younger adults who realize that they need serious help. They come to this place called "The Ranch" up in Grassvalley, CA and have the love of Jesus poured into them daily as they struggle to get back on their feet again. Here is more Information about the program.


Third, we had a clean up day at our house.






























    It was hosted by one of our sweet sisters in Christ who wanted to show an appreciation for all of the hard work that my dad does by helping to clean up things around our place. (It's something that my mom has wanted to do for a while but only is able to do a little bit here and a little bit there.) It really blessed our family and we were able to have a nice time of fellowship with the people in our church.


Fourth, I got accepted!


My application for an internship at CEM got accepted! I'm both excited and terrified at the same time. Excited because God has opened a door for me and given me a direction (plus it's such a cool ministry to be a part of. I'm really excited I get to be a part of this.) Terrified because I have never done anything quite like this before and I wonder if I'm going to find that I'm in way over my head.
I kind of feel like Rapunzel in the movie Tangled:


     I have my moments of being on cloud 9 and moments of wondering "how qualified am I really for this?" Those moments pull me back to reality. I'm aware that I don't have all of the answers and that I'm a fallen person.
   I know that I'm qualified within myself, or within my own strength. I'm qualified because of Christ and I rest on his strength. I pretty much have this internal conversation at least 5 times a day (maybe more). Once I'm there and in the midst I'll have a better understanding of what exactly I got myself into. For now I just keep praying that God would prepare me for the road ahead and that he would also prepare those whom I will be mentoring for me.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for His direction.
    "Be ready always to give an answer of the hope..."
    "So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own souls..."
    This sounds like a work of God that produces graduates, not merely members who are perpetually dependent on an expert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Praise The Lord! It's so much easier living life knowing that a door is now open and to have a direction rather than being in a waiting cycle. It's a good thing to learn patience but it is also good to rejoice when the waiting is over and you have an answer.

      Delete

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.