Friday, August 29, 2014

What are My Future Plans?


     What do I plan on doing with my life? An imposing question asked often by others who are interested to know what I plan to do with my life. It is a fair question though, if I was in their shoes looking at a 21 year old girl who has never been to college but is not necessarily unintelligent I probably would be asking the same question.
    So what do I plan to do with my life? It is an intimidating question when people ask me because in a moment I want to run screaming out of the room screaming "I don't know" and at the same time I just want to melt into the floor and disappear. Usually I end up being rooted to the floor and either trying to answer the question, but not being very successful at it (I probably create more questions than I answer), or trying to deflect the question altogether.
      I have desperately wanted to have an answer but felt like I didn't have a really good one until this week.
     My mother told me that it is acceptable to say, in answer to people who ask this question, that I plan on doing whatever God places in front of me to do. Really, what more should I be doing? 
      There is no better place to be than in the arms of The Father and following his lead when it comes to where I should go and what I should do. Without God I am nothing. I'm just barely a blip of time on the whole of history. So doing and pursuing whatever God places in front of me to do is the best thing that I could be doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.