Friday, August 15, 2014

Bound by Time


As I gaze at the city lights,
And all the cars rushing through the night,
I begin to wonder what it's like
To not feel time

We of this earth are chained to time
And it quickly passes from our hands
Your young one moment and old the next
Life passes by like patterns washed away in the sands

No matter how hard I try
Time will pass me by
And when our lives come to a close
Time just goes, goes, goes

You can't stop it 
You can't give it
You can only live in it 

Time's a blessing and a curse
Sometimes it's good sometimes it's worse
We are all bound by time.

Oh, what is it like to live outside of time?
To live forever but always be in your prime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.