Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tea, a Little Poetry, and Some Thoughts From Me



This week I got to go out with my disciplee,
We had a lovely cup of loose leaf tea,
A warm gooey croissant with ham and cheese,
Just the thing for our stomach's hunger to appease.

Talking about Christ and what God has done,
Talking of life and laughter and fun,
Our friendship has started to blossom and grow,
Eyeing eachother over teacups with faces aglow.

Our time marches on and is over too fast,
Getting that fro yo was quite a blast,
Our hats were almost blown off once or twice,
But it made us feel pretty and made the day nice.

We talked of our lives on the drive back to the Ranch,
And shared of Gods preservation of our piece in His branch,
He watches over us even when we are going astray,
And when we get lost He leads us home His way.

This is such an enjoyable relationship to have and I feel so blessed to have the particular diciplee that I do. God is using her in my life to remind me of his constant sunshine that can't help but filter through. His light is there and is always shining and overcoming the darkness and so I have hope that even though there are many students here who have much darkness that the light is greater and that they will not leave here quite as dark as when they came.

It's one of the aspects of living here that I have been able to feel the contrast of the light and the darkness, which may seem weird but it's true. It's not that I've never felt darkness before but I have not felt it as strongly in the day to day. This place really is a battle ground where we are pushing back the darkness in the lives of these young people.

I think in many ministries people experience this but I think it's especially true for 24/7 ministries where you have to live with the people that you are mentoring.

The sunshine is too bright for people not to be affected by it here. It has been quite the adventure that God has brought me to and I am not sorry that He brought me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.