Friday, June 27, 2014

Of Specks and Revealed Sin



          As Christians too often we are willing to see the speck in our brothers eye but ignore the fact that we have a log in our own eye. Recently I have been made aware of a giant log that has been in my own eye through the gracious comment of a brother. Yes, it wasn't pretty to see that I had been ignoring this issue in my life but at least God allowed my brother to recognize it and call me on it. I appreciated the fact that he had pointed out my sin in me as I was trying to point out the speck in his eye. (Nothing like pointing out the small sin in someone else to give them a reason to point out the big sin in you. Guess I had it coming.) 
     The point that I'm trying to make here is that when bringing up any issue that is dealing with sin in another person we need to be careful that we realize that the brother or sister that we are talking to may have this speck in their eye but we cold have a big gigantic log in our own that we are just ignoring or are unaware of its presence because its been there for so long.
     I'm not a perfect Christian. No one is. It takes some swallowing and willingness to see your faults for what they are. Is it painful to see? Yes. As a human being I may not always react the way I should when my sin is being pointed out but as I grow in my faith and mature God will help me understand how to more properly react to sin.
     As Christians it is a blessing to have our sin pointed out and maybe in the moment you will not see me rejoicing over God revealing to me my sin (I'm still a work in progress and its never fun to have your faults pointed out) but I am thankful that Christ in his grace has chosen to reveal to me what he has.
     It helps me to draw closer to Christ because I now understand yet again that I need him. That is something to rejoice over!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.