Friday, February 28, 2014

Am I Making a Difference?




    As a person I want to make a difference. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm making that big of an impact on other people's lives and in Gods kingdom. Some days I wonder if I did anything that really made a difference (you know like the days that all you did was cook and clean and check Facebook and maybe pray).
     Those times that He does give us are a blessing and yes we should be striving to be more like Christ to the world around us and do what we can but some days will just feel like a waste. Don't wallow in the feeling of uselessness but rather turn to God and pray that He would show you where you are making a difference.
    Maybe it's because you were patient with someone that day when you could have gotten frustrated that day or maybe it's through just showing a child that you care for them through the meeting of their needs and stopping what you were doing to care for them. Maybe it's as simple as the fact that you are desiring to make a difference and praying about it.
     I'm not saying that we should wait to make that difference and just allow ourselves to be lazy and not do anything but for those times when we feel like we got nothing accomplished that day and are feeling discouraged about it know that it's ok to have those days and know that God will give you the tasks that He needs you to do. Just realize that sometimes what we think of as making a difference and what He thinks of as making a difference are not always the same thing.
      Sometimes the "small" things make more of a difference in someone watching our lives on the sidelines than the stuff that we might consider that make a "big difference". At the end of the day the thing that matters most is your relationship with God and the thing that matters second most is your relationship with others.
     These are just some thoughts. Need to have some more focused time just writing. I've been really busy recently changing jobs and getting adjusted so that is why I missed posting last week. Hopefully I'll get back on the horse and be a little more regular these coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm the crazy older sister of 11 children. If I were a splotch on the page of history I most definitely would be purple.
Feel free to leave a comment below.